Take a Tour of TIP Facilities
what we do
By coupling UConn's world-class research resources, facilities, and business support services to a network of experienced investors and entrepreneurs, we help launch startups ready to transform their respective markets.
Since 2003 TIP companies have raised more than $260 million in equity and debt, $70 million in grant funding, and have approximately $60 million in revenue.
The advantages of working with us are numerous.
NEW: check out our Startup Guidebook at: http://bit.ly/TIPguide it has tips and links for entrepreneurs.
Labs & Offices
Available wet & dry labs and office space
Connect with Scientists
Introductions to scientists for possible research partnerships
Entrepreneurial & VC
Connections to entrepreneurial and VC communities
Access to COR²E research facilities and services
Library and Databases
Access to UConn's world-class library resources and databases
Business Planning & Expertise
Customized business planning and mentoring services. Introductions to advisors, mentors and subject matter-experts
Animal Facilities & Clinical Trials
Access to animal facilities and human-subject research at UConn Health and UConn Storrs
Interns, Fellows & Graduates
Connections to technically-trained fellows, interns and qualified graduates
companies we're currently working with
TIP Company Directory .pdf
open positions at tip companies
Want us to help take your new startup to the next level? Think your startup is worthy?
Send us an email to get the conversation started!
2019 TIP Company Application Form, Click Here
inside uconn tip
August 3, 2018 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 5:
Inside Mobile Sense Technologies (:14)
April 1, 2018 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 4:
Inside Torigen Pharmaceuticals (:21)
Sept. 26, 2017 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 3:
"Inside Frequency Therapeutics. " (:16)
Sept. 19, 2017 - Inside TIP Podcast, Episode 2
"Inside Shoreline Biome" (:19)
Sept. 12, 2017 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 1:
"Inside LambdaVision, Inc. " (:22)
Trycycle: Phone app offers help for recovering addicts
Innovate Stamford: to extend UConn’s Technology Incubation Program (TIP) to include a fully-fledged physical incubator in Stamford.
Thetis Awarded Key Composition of Matter Patents on Resolvin-based Agents
View our expanded calendar, click here
Over 30,000 square feet of state-of-the-art lab and office space across the UConn Storrs and Farmington campuses.
student fellows, interns, and graduates
The UConn-TIP Fellowship Program pairs UConn students with University startup companies for mentored summer research fellowships in Business or STEM areas.
The Partnership for Innovation and Education (PIE) pairs students from partnering Connecticut universities and programs with mentors at UConn Health for summer research fellowships in bioscience/STEM
Both fellowship programs include seminars, workshops and events on technology innovation
Providing connections to interns, fellows, and trained graduates
Stay current with the latest TIP news and events.
- Craig Anderson Regional Network President UnitedHealth Group
- Matthew D. Cohen Vice President Research & Development Medtronic
- Colleen Feriod Cuffaro, Ph.D. Principal Canaan Partners
- Nicholas Donofrio Executive Vice President Innovation and Technology (Ret.) IBM
- Timothy B. Folta, Ph.D. Professor, Faculty Director, CCEI UConn
- James (Jim) Fritz Executive Director Innovation Business Development United Technologies
- Susan Froshauer, Ph.D. Biotech Leader & Entrepreneur CURE Collaborations+
- Victor Hesselbrock, Ph.D. Senior Associate Dean for Research UConn Health
- Peter Hicks Senior Vice President Manager Emerging Growth Banking Group; Sponsor and Specialty Finance, Webster Bank
- Mee-Jung Jang Co-Founder & Managing Director Jefferson Investors
- James T. LaFrance CEO & President LaFrance Consulting, Biotechnology Advisor and Investor
- Charles Lee, Ph.D., FACMG Scientific Director & Professor The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine
- Chris McLeod Managing Partner Elm Street Ventures
- Christine Meehan Entrepreneur in Residence School of Nursing, UConn; Angel Investor, Golden Seeds
- Gerald A. Michaud President & Director Horizon Technology Finance
- Bill Moschella Co-founder, Chairman Evariant
- Eric Rosow CEO Diameter Health
- Juan Salazar, MD, MPH Physician-in-Chief, Professor Chair, Pediatrics, School of Medicine, UConn Health, Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
- Shana Schlossberg CEO Upward Hartford
- John Strahley Managing Director Ironwood Capital
- Sal Syed CEO and Co-Founder Arccos Golf
- Paul F. Thompson Chief Strategy Officer Health & Life Sciences DXC Technology (Hewlett Packard Enterprise)
- Mei Wei, Ph.D. Professor and Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Education Dept. of Materials Science & Engineering UConn
- Shawn P. Williams, Ph.D. Vice President, Research & Development Rogers Corporation
- David Wurzer Executive Vice President & Chief Investment Officer Connecticut Innovations, Inc.
Access to specialized equipment from over 90 research core facilities at internal UConn faculty rates.
meet the team
- Mostafa Analoui, Ph.D. Executive Director of Venture Development firstname.lastname@example.org 860.486.1482
- Paul Parker Director of the Technology Incubation Program email@example.com 860.679.2921
- Ana Lena Fidantsef, Ph.D. Technology Licensing Associate firstname.lastname@example.org 860.486.1353
Technology Commercialization & Industry Relations
- Brandon Nickle Technology Incubation Program Coordinator email@example.com 860.679.2921
- Thomas Gerson Entrepreneur in Residence firstname.lastname@example.org 203.868.9249
- Konstantine Drakonakis Entrepreneur in Residence email@example.com
- Gloria Kolb Entrepreneur in Residence firstname.lastname@example.org 860.679.7016
Entrepreneur in Residence
Office Hours, make appt. using: https://calendly.com/ericknight/eir/
- MaryJane Rafii Entrepreneur in Residence email@example.com
- Barry Schweitzer, Ph.D. Entrepreneur in Residence Barry.Schweitzer@uconn.edu 860.486.8718
thank you for your contribution to the TIP Enhancement Fund