Take a Tour of TIP Facilities
what we do
By coupling UConn's world-class research resources, facilities, and business support services to a network of experienced investors and entrepreneurs, we help launch startups ready to transform their respective markets.
Since 2003 TIP companies have raised more than $260 million in equity and debt, $70 million in grant funding, and have approximately $60 million in revenue.
The advantages of working with us are numerous.
NEW: check out our Startup Guidebook at: http://bit.ly/TIPguide it has tips and links for entrepreneurs.
Labs & Offices
Available wet & dry labs and office space
Connect with Scientists
Introductions to scientists for possible research partnerships
Entrepreneurial & VC
Connections to entrepreneurial and VC communities
Access to COR²E research facilities and services
Library and Databases
Access to UConn's world-class library resources and databases
Business Planning & Expertise
Customized business planning and mentoring services. Introductions to advisors, mentors and subject matter-experts
Animal Facilities & Clinical Trials
Access to animal facilities and human-subject research at UConn Health and UConn Storrs
Interns, Fellows & Graduates
Connections to technically-trained fellows, interns and qualified graduates
companies we're currently working with
TIP Company Directory .pdf
open positions at tip companies
VP Brand Management, Companion Animals
Torigen Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Brand Management, Product Launch, Understanding of Veterinary Oncology experience needed for this position!
Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Vanessa Research, Inc.
Regulatory Affairs Associate with experience in new drug approval process and knowledge in clinical trial procedure. The candidate will prepare, coordinate, review and submit domestic and international regulatory applications for clinical trials, collect all the necessary documents, approvals; effectively plan and manage regulatory variations. send your English CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want us to help take your new startup to the next level? Think your startup is worthy?
Send us an email to get the conversation started!
2019 TIP Company Application Form, Click Here
inside uconn tip
August 3, 2018 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 5:
Inside Mobile Sense Technologies (:14)
April 1, 2018 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 4:
Inside Torigen Pharmaceuticals (:21)
Sept. 26, 2017 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 3:
"Inside Frequency Therapeutics. " (:16)
Sept. 19, 2017 - Inside TIP Podcast, Episode 2
"Inside Shoreline Biome" (:19)
Sept. 12, 2017 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 1:
"Inside LambdaVision, Inc. " (:22)
Trycycle: Phone app offers help for recovering addicts
Azitra’s Clinical Study of AZT-04 for Cosmetic Use Completes Enrollment - First clinical study to address safety on the skin using Azitra’s microbe-based technology platform
Innovate Stamford: to extend UConn’s Technology Incubation Program (TIP) to include a fully-fledged physical incubator in Stamford.
View our expanded calendar, click here
TIP Lunch & Learn with Pine Lake Labs: Contract Testing Laboratory
400 Farmington Avenue, Connecticut, United States of America
Join us to learn about the capablilities of this Bristol, CT lab. During this presentation you will learn the general capabilities of Pine Lake Laboratories, including instrumentation, and services and have the opportunity to ask your pressing questions about contract testing.
Innovations in Medical Education
400 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, Connecticut, United States of America
Join us for an introduction to the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI) at Hartford HealthCare and hear of their vision to revamp medical education with simulation based training.
Over 30,000 square feet of state-of-the-art lab and office space across the UConn Storrs and Farmington campuses.
student fellows, interns, and graduates
The UConn-TIP Fellowship Program pairs UConn students with University startup companies for mentored summer research fellowships in Business or STEM areas.
The Partnership for Innovation and Education (PIE) pairs students from partnering Connecticut universities and programs with mentors at UConn Health for summer research fellowships in bioscience/STEM
Both fellowship programs include seminars, workshops and events on technology innovation
Providing connections to interns, fellows, and trained graduates
Stay current with the latest TIP news and events.
- Craig Anderson Regional Network President UnitedHealth Group
- Matthew D. Cohen Vice President Research & Development Medtronic
- Colleen Feriod Cuffaro, Ph.D. Principal Canaan Partners
- Nicholas Donofrio Executive Vice President Innovation and Technology (Ret.) IBM
- Timothy B. Folta, Ph.D. Professor, Faculty Director, CCEI UConn
- James (Jim) Fritz Executive Director Innovation Business Development United Technologies
- Susan Froshauer, Ph.D. Biotech Leader & Entrepreneur CURE Collaborations+
- Victor Hesselbrock, Ph.D. Senior Associate Dean for Research UConn Health
- Peter Hicks Senior Vice President Manager Emerging Growth Banking Group; Sponsor and Specialty Finance, Webster Bank
- Mee-Jung Jang Co-Founder & Managing Director Jefferson Investors
- James T. LaFrance CEO & President LaFrance Consulting, Biotechnology Advisor and Investor
- Charles Lee, Ph.D., FACMG Scientific Director & Professor The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine
- Chris McLeod Managing Partner Elm Street Ventures
- Christine Meehan Entrepreneur in Residence School of Nursing, UConn; Angel Investor, Golden Seeds
- Gerald A. Michaud President & Director Horizon Technology Finance
- Bill Moschella Co-founder, Chairman Evariant
- Eric Rosow CEO Diameter Health
- Juan Salazar, MD, MPH Physician-in-Chief, Professor Chair, Pediatrics, School of Medicine, UConn Health, Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
- Shana Schlossberg CEO Upward Hartford
- John Strahley Managing Director Ironwood Capital
- Sal Syed CEO and Co-Founder Arccos Golf
- Paul F. Thompson Chief Strategy Officer Health & Life Sciences DXC Technology (Hewlett Packard Enterprise)
- Mei Wei, Ph.D. Professor and Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Education Dept. of Materials Science & Engineering UConn
- Shawn P. Williams, Ph.D. Vice President, Research & Development Rogers Corporation
- David Wurzer Executive Vice President & Chief Investment Officer Connecticut Innovations, Inc.
Access to specialized equipment from over 90 research core facilities at internal UConn faculty rates.
meet the team
- Mostafa Analoui, Ph.D. Executive Director of Venture Development email@example.com 860.486.1482
- Paul Parker Director of the Technology Incubation Program firstname.lastname@example.org 860.679.2921
- Brandon Nickle Technology Incubation Program Coordinator email@example.com 860.679.2921
- Ana Lena Fidantsef, Ph.D. Technology Licensing Associate firstname.lastname@example.org 860.486.1353
Technology Commercialization & Industry Relations
- Thomas Gerson Entrepreneur in Residence email@example.com 203.868.9249
- Konstantine Drakonakis Entrepreneur in Residence firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gloria Kolb Entrepreneur in Residence email@example.com 860.679.7016
Entrepreneur in Residence
Office Hours, make appt. using: https://calendly.com/ericknight/eir/
- MaryJane Rafii Entrepreneur in Residence firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barry Schweitzer, Ph.D. Entrepreneur in Residence Barry.Schweitzer@uconn.edu 860.486.8718
- Erika Smith Entrepreneur in Residence email@example.com
thank you for your contribution to the TIP Enhancement Fund