Take a Tour of TIP Facilities
what we do
By coupling UConn's world-class research resources, facilities, and business support services to a network of experienced investors and entrepreneurs, we help launch startups ready to transform their respective markets.
Since 2003 TIP companies have raised more than $80 million in equity and debt, $50 million in grant funding, and have generated more than $45 million in revenue.
The advantages of working with us are numerous.
Labs & Offices
Available wet & dry labs and office space
Connect with Scientists
Introductions to scientists for possible research partnerships
Entrepreneurial & VC
Connections to entrepreneurial and VC communities
Access to COR²E research facilities and services
Library and Databases
Access to UConn's world-class library resources and databases
Business Planning & Expertise
Customized business planning and mentoring services. Introductions to advisors, mentors and subject matter-experts
Animal Facilities & Clinical Trials
Access to animal facilities and human-subject research at UConn Health and UConn Storrs
Interns, Fellows & Graduates
Connections to technically-trained fellows, interns and qualified graduates
companies we're currently working with
open positions at tip companies
Software Engineer (Node.js/MongoDB)
As a back-end Software Engineer you will be a member of a small, driven team focused on the continued development of our RESTful API. You will work closely with the UI/UX team while having a critical role in the future of our API and database architecture. You are highly motivated with a passion for current web technologies and have the ability and confidence to analyze situations and make impactful decisions.
Research Scientist - Immunology
CaroGen Corporation is currently seeking an innovative and highly motivated research scientist with a strong background in immunology, microbiology, virology, or a related field. The successful candidate will join a dynamic multidisciplinary team developing novel vaccines for prevention and treatment of infectious diseases. The candidate will perform in vivo and ex vivo analyses of immune cell activation and persistence in the context of viral or bacterial infections. The candidate must have experience with rodent models including injections via ip, iv, im, sc routes, peripheral blood collection and harvesting various organs and lymphoid tissues.
Research Scientist - Molecular Biology
A full-time Research Scientist to join our R & D team in Farmington, Connecticut. The candidate should have 1 – 5 years post-doctoral working experience in an academic, pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting. A strong background in manipulating and purifying viral vectors and vaccines is an advantage.
Want us to help take your new startup to the next level? Think your startup is worthy?
Send us an email to get the conversation started!
2017-18 TIP Company Application Form, Click Here
inside uconn tip
Sept. 26, 2017 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 3:
"Inside Frequency Therapeutics. " (:16)
Sept. 19, 2017 - Inside TIP Podcast, Episode 2
"Inside Shoreline Biome" (:19)
Sept. 12, 2017 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 1:
"Inside LambdaVision, Inc. " (:22)
TIP - upcoming events
Enuma Ezeife - MBA Candidate Tackles Challenging Internship to Benefit Medical Patients, Describes her work while in the TIP Summer Fellowship Program with Avitus Orthopaedics. Learn more about the TIP fellowship program here: https://lnkd.in/dZK5WN8
UConn School of Business
TIP October 2017 newsletter
TIP Newsletter - October 2017
View our expanded calendar, click here
SBIR / STTR - Proposals for NIH - A Two-Day Workshop
400 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, Connecticut, United States of America
Please join us for an intensive, two-day SBIR/STTR workshope focused on proposal development. Each year the SBIR/STTR federal program provides billions of dollars in non-dilutive grant funding to US small businesses to advance and commercialize game-changing technologies.
DAY ONE – WED, NOVEMBER 29TH - In addition to basic information about SBIR/STTR, Lisa will cover the mission, features and technology areas of the three agencies, strategies for targeting your proposal to meet reviewers’ expectations, how to approach development of the your proposal, tips on navigating the submission process, and more.
DAY TWO – THURS, NOVEMBER 30TH - Lisa will focus on essential commercialization strategies that could make or break your proposal. The afternoon will consist of one-on-one meetings to discuss your company’s technologies and funding goals.
Over 30,000 square feet of state-of-the-art lab and office space across the UConn Storrs and Farmington campuses.
student fellows, interns, and graduates
The UConn-TIP Fellowship Program pairs UConn students with University startup companies for mentored research fellowships and fellowships in Business or STEM areas.
Providing connections to interns, fellows, and trained graduates
Stay current with the latest TIP news and events.
- Craig Anderson Regional Network President UnitedHealth Group
- Matthew D. Cohen Vice President Research & Development Medtronic
- Colleen Feriod Cuffaro, Ph.D. Principal Canaan Partners
- Nicholas Donofrio Executive Vice President Innovation and Technology (Ret.) IBM
- Timothy B. Folta, Ph.D. Professor, Faculty Director, CCEI UConn
- James (Jim) Fritz Executive Director Innovation Business Development United Technologies
- Susan Froshauer, Ph.D. President & CEO CURE
- Victor Hesselbrock, Ph.D. Senior Associate Dean for Research UConn Health
- Peter Hicks Senior Vice President Manager Emerging Growth Banking Group; Sponsor and Specialty Finance, Webster Bank
- Mee-Jung Jang Co-Founder & Managing Director Jefferson Investors
- James T. LaFrance CEO & President LaFrance Consulting, Biotechnology Advisor and Investor
- Charles Lee, Ph.D., FACMG Scientific Director & Professor The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Science
- Chris McLeod Managing Partner Elm Street Ventures
- Christine Meehan Entrepreneur in Residence School of Nursing, UConn; Angel Investor, Golden Seeds
- Gerald A. Michaud President & Director Horizon Technology Finance
- Paul F. Thompson Chief Strategy Officer Health & Life Sciences DXC Technology (Hewlett Packard Enterprise)
- Juan Salazar, MD, MPH Physician-in-Chief, Professor Chair, Pediatrics, School of Medicine, UConn Health, Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
- Shana Schlossberg CEO Upward Hartford
- John Strahley Managing Director Ironwood Capital
- Sal Syed CEO and Co-Founder Arccos Golf
- Mei Wei, Ph.D. Professor and Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Education Dept. of Materials Science & Engineering UConn
- Shawn P. Williams, Ph.D. Vice President, Research & Development Rogers Corporation
- David Wurzer Executive Vice President & Chief Investment Officer Connecticut Innovations, Inc.
Access to specialized equipment from over 90 research core facilities at internal UConn faculty rates.
meet the team
- Mostafa Analoui, Ph.D. Executive Director of Venture Development email@example.com 860.486.1482
- Gloria Kolb Director of Venture Development firstname.lastname@example.org 860.679.7016
- Paul Parker Director of the Technology Incubation Program email@example.com 860.486.8027
- Ana Lena Fidantsef, Ph.D. Technology Licensing Associate firstname.lastname@example.org 860.486.1353
Technology Commercialization & Industry Relations Coordinator
- Nicole Baccaro Manager, Technology Incubation Program email@example.com 860.679.2921
- Rita Zangari Senior Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org 860.486.3010
- Thomas Gerson Entrepreneur in Residence email@example.com 203.868.9249
Senior Director of Cornovus
- MaryJane Rafii Entrepreneur in Residence firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barry Schweitzer, Ph.D. Entrepreneur in Residence Barry.Schweitzer@uconn.edu 860.486.8718