Take a Tour of TIP Facilities
what we do
By coupling UConn's world-class research resources, facilities, and business support services to a network of experienced investors and entrepreneurs, we help launch startups ready to transform their respective markets.
Since 2003 TIP companies have raised more than $80 million in equity and debt, $50 million in grant funding, and have generated more than $45 million in revenue.
The advantages of working with us are numerous.
Labs & Offices
Available wet & dry labs and office space
Connect with Scientists
Introductions to scientists for possible research partnerships
Entrepreneurial & VC
Connections to entrepreneurial and VC communities
Access to COR²E research facilities and services
Library and Databases
Access to UConn's world-class library resources and databases
Business Planning & Expertise
Customized business planning and mentoring services. Introductions to advisors, mentors and subject matter-experts
Animal Facilities & Clinical Trials
Access to animal facilities and human-subject research at UConn Health and UConn Storrs
Interns, Fellows & Graduates
Connections to technically-trained fellows, interns and qualified graduates
companies we're currently working with
open positions at tip companies
Software Engineer (Node.js/MongoDB)
As a back-end Software Engineer you will be a member of a small, driven team focused on the continued development of our RESTful API. You will work closely with the UI/UX team while having a critical role in the future of our API and database architecture. You are highly motivated with a passion for current web technologies and have the ability and confidence to analyze situations and make impactful decisions.
Research Scientist - Immunology
CaroGen Corporation is currently seeking an innovative and highly motivated research scientist with a strong background in immunology, microbiology, virology, or a related field. The successful candidate will join a dynamic multidisciplinary team developing novel vaccines for prevention and treatment of infectious diseases. The candidate will perform in vivo and ex vivo analyses of immune cell activation and persistence in the context of viral or bacterial infections. The candidate must have experience with rodent models including injections via ip, iv, im, sc routes, peripheral blood collection and harvesting various organs and lymphoid tissues.
Research Scientist - Molecular Biology
A full-time Research Scientist to join our R & D team in Farmington, Connecticut. The candidate should have 1 – 5 years post-doctoral working experience in an academic, pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting. A strong background in manipulating and purifying viral vectors and vaccines is an advantage.
Want us to help take your new startup to the next level? Think your startup is worthy? Send us an email!
UConn Alumna Helps Fight Cancer in Pets with New Treatment
Fox 61 News
New UConn Technology Incubation Program helps match startups with investors
The Business Edge, State of CT, DECD
A Connecticut Company Plays the Startup Game in the Land of Innovation
View our expanded calendar, click here
TIP Office Hours with Elm Street Ventures, Barry Schweitzer
Farmington, Connecticut, United States of America
TIP Companies: Talk with an Investor
Barry Schweitzer, Elm Street Ventures, will have office hours to talk you through your most pressing concerns or practice your pitch. Ask anything VC without pressure! TIP Companies & UConn Affiliated Companies can sign up for a timeslot, email TIP@UConn.edu to schedule.
This is a service provided by the Technology Incubation Program, TIP, Office of Vice President for Research
TIP Company CEO Roundtable Luncheon
TIP, 400 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, Connecticut, United States of America
TIP Company CEO's are invited to the monthly CEO Roundtable.
In July, Dr. Susan Coleman willspeak on investment. Dr. Coleman's talk will have an emphasis on fundraising and unique funding opportunities for women entrepreneurs; however I encourage all to attend. This is a private, invite only event for TIP Company CEOs, email TIP@UConn.edu with questions.
This is provided by the Technology Incubation Program, TIP, Office of Vice President for Research
Introduction to NanoString Technologies - accelerate your research beyond RT-PCR and RNAseq
400 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, Connecticut, United States of America
Come join us to learn more about NanoString Technologies. Speaker: Kit Fuhrman, PhD | Sr. Applications Scientist| NanoString Technologies. NanoString’s technology offers a polymerase-free nucleic acid quantification platform and hybridization chemistry that is 100% digital. The technology can accelerate your research beyond RT-PCR and RNAseq and can be used for analyzing gene expression, miRNA, CNV, fusions, SNV, and protein. Key advantages of the technology include: • no PCR, amplification, or library prep needed • Multiplex 20–800 targets in a single tube • 15 minutes hands-on time • Easy, same-day data analysis with our free nSolver™ software • Custom design or pre-mad panels available
Over 30,000 square feet of state-of-the-art lab and office space across the UConn Storrs and Farmington campuses.
student fellows, interns, and graduates
The UConn-TIP Fellowship Program pairs UConn students with University startup companies for mentored research fellowships and fellowships in Business or STEM areas.
Providing connections to interns, fellows, and trained graduates
Stay current with the latest TIP news and events.
- Craig Anderson Regional Network President UnitedHealth Group
- Matthew D. Cohen Vice President Research & Development Medtronic
- Colleen Feriod Cuffaro, Ph.D. Principal Canaan Partners
- Nicholas Donofrio Executive Vice President Innovation and Technology (Ret.) IBM
- Timothy B. Folta, Ph.D. Professor, Faculty Director, CCEI UConn
- James (Jim) Fritz Executive Director Innovation Business Development United Technologies
- Susan Froshauer, Ph.D. President & CEO CURE
- Victor Hesselbrock, Ph.D. Senior Associate Dean for Research UConn Health
- Peter Hicks Senior Vice President Manager Emerging Growth Banking Group; Sponsor and Specialty Finance, Webster Bank
- Mee-Jung Jang Co-Founder & Managing Director Jefferson Investors
- James T. LaFrance CEO & President LaFrance Consulting, Biotechnology Advisor and Investor
- Charles Lee, Ph.D., FACMG Scientific Director & Professor The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Science
- Chris McLeod Managing Partner Elm Street Ventures
- Christine Meehan Entrepreneur in Residence School of Nursing, UConn; Angel Investor, Golden Seeds
- Gerald A. Michaud President & Director Horizon Technology Finance
- Paul F. Thompson Chief Strategy Officer Health & Life Sciences DXC Technology (Hewlett Packard Enterprise)
- Juan Salazar, MD, MPH Physician-in-Chief, Professor Chair, Pediatrics, School of Medicine, UConn Health, Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
- Shana Schlossberg CEO Upward Hartford
- John Strahley Managing Director Ironwood Capital
- Sal Syed CEO and Co-Founder Arccos Golf
- Mei Wei, Ph.D. Professor and Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Education Dept. of Materials Science & Engineering UConn
- Shawn P. Williams, Ph.D. Vice President, Research & Development Rogers Corporation
- David Wurzer Executive Vice President & Chief Investment Officer Connecticut Innovations, Inc.
Access to specialized equipment from over 90 research core facilities at internal UConn faculty rates.
meet the team
- Mostafa Analoui, Ph.D. Executive Director of Venture Development email@example.com 860.486.1482
- Paul Parker Director of the Technology Incubation Program firstname.lastname@example.org 860.486.8027
- Ana Lena Fidantsef, Ph.D. Technology Licensing Associate email@example.com 860.486.1353
- Paige Rasid Technology Commercialization & Industry Relations Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 860.486.8718
- Gloria Kolb Director of Venture Development email@example.com 860.679.7016
- Thomas Gerson Entrepreneur in Residence firstname.lastname@example.org 203.868.9249
- Rose Lance Entrepreneur in Residence email@example.com 860.486.3619
- Barry Schweitzer, Ph.D. Entrepreneur in Residence Barry.Schweitzer@uconn.edu 860.486.8718
- Rita Zangari Senior Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org 860.486.3010