Take a Tour of TIP Facilities
what we do
By coupling UConn's world-class research resources, facilities, and business support services to a network of experienced investors and entrepreneurs, we help launch startups ready to transform their respective markets.
Since 2003 TIP companies have raised more than $80 million in equity and debt, $50 million in grant funding, and have generated more than $45 million in revenue.
The advantages of working with us are numerous.
Labs & Offices
Available wet & dry labs and office space
Connect with Scientists
Introductions to scientists for possible research partnerships
Entrepreneurial & VC
Connections to entrepreneurial and VC communities
Access to COR²E research facilities and services
Library and Databases
Access to UConn's world-class library resources and databases
Business Planning & Expertise
Customized business planning and mentoring services. Introductions to advisors, mentors and subject matter-experts
Animal Facilities & Clinical Trials
Access to animal facilities and human-subject research at UConn Health and UConn Storrs
Interns, Fellows & Graduates
Connections to technically-trained fellows, interns and qualified graduates
companies we're currently working with
TIP Company Directory .pdf
open positions at tip companies
TIP is hiring too! TIP Coordinator Position is open. Learn more.
Software Quality Engineer (SQE)
The company is seeking an experienced SQE for our Engineering organization with proven manual and automation testing skills. An ideal candidate will have Web application and application programming interface (API) testing experience, strong analytical abilities, team work and communication skills, ability to maintain and extend test automation.
Job Location: Farmington, CT or Wellesley, MA preferred; remote candidates considered
Azitra is a biotech startup working to bring microbiome-based therapeutics to treatind skin diseases: Azitra is seeking a research assistant capable of driving forward experimental efforts and will report to the Chief Scientist at Azitra.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS or higher in Biology or health sciences.
- 2+ years of directly related laboratory experience.
Technical Support Desk Engineer
The company is seeking an experienced and results-driven Technical Support Desk Engineer.
The Technical Support Desk Engineer is responsible for providing support to all Diameter Health customers. As the initial point of customer contact for support, this position plays a key role in assuring timely response and quality support to customer inquiries. The position provides a critical interface with customers in answering user questions and resolving low level technical problems or triaging more complex problems and escalating those calls to engineers for timely resolution. This is a highly visible position due to the direct daily contact with Diameter Health customers and internal management.
The role will support calls via phone, e-mail, and customer management platform and must assure prompt, courteous and professional service to our customers by effective communication, timely follow-up, technical expertise and adherence to department policies and standards.
- Farmington, CT, Wellesley, MA, Albany, NY or Denver, CO
Want us to help take your new startup to the next level? Think your startup is worthy?
Send us an email to get the conversation started!
2018 TIP Company Application Form, Click Here
inside uconn tip
August 3, 2018 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 5:
Inside Mobile Sense Technologies (:14)
April 1, 2018 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 4:
Inside Torigen Pharmaceuticals (:21)
Sept. 26, 2017 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 3:
"Inside Frequency Therapeutics. " (:16)
Sept. 19, 2017 - Inside TIP Podcast, Episode 2
"Inside Shoreline Biome" (:19)
Sept. 12, 2017 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 1:
"Inside LambdaVision, Inc. " (:22)
In case you missed it.... UConn TIP - Technology Incubation Program Newsletter - TIP company jobs and news, upcoming business & fun-refresh events.
Oral Fluid Dynamics Receives Phase I STTR NIH Grant To Support Its Research & Development
Oral Fluid Dynamics
Congratulations Torigen/ VetiVax and Ashley Kalinauskas on this latest win - 2018 Innovation Award at the Animal Health Investment Forum!
View our expanded calendar, click here
TIP to the Top - Hiking Rattlesnake Mountain
Meet at Trailhead or the UConn TIP Farmington Lobby at 4:30 Metacomet Parking, Colt Hwy Farmington, Connecticut 06032
This is a 1.5-2 hour (somewhat challenging, rocky) hike to the top of Rattlesnake mountain, where we will have great views south over Pinnacle Mountain and Plainville.
The two mile round-trip includes a strenuous climb with some rock scrambling at the top. The journey is definitely worth the trip though, with scenic views along the way up and an overlook at cliff top that offers magnificent vistas of Hartford on one side and the northwest hills and the Berkshires on the other.
This event is free and open to the public. In the event of rain, the hike will be rescheduled. We think 2 hours is about right to get there, relax a bit and get back at least to the parking lot. Questions? Email TIP@UConn.edu
Microbiome Innovation & Investment Summit at JAX
Farmington, Connecticut, United States of America
9/'19 at Jackson Labs -This conference will bring together a wide variety of people interested in microbiome research, scientific collaborations, and new company formation in this arena. Produced by UConn, Yale and Jackson Labs.
Jackson Labs Healthcare Forum
Farmington, Connecticut, United States of America
DetailsOctober 24-25, 2018at Jackson Laboratory in Farmington, CTThe program will focus on data analytics for healthcare and new directions in cancer therapy.Featured presenters include Dr. Ned Sharpless, Director of the National Cancer Institute and Dr. Kate Goodrich of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Genomics pioneer David Botstein – now chief science officer for Google’s lifespan extension unit, Calico – will also appear. Attendance is limited to just 200 top decision makers.You can review the speaker list and register to attend at www.cthealthforums.com .Direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Join/ Support the UConn TIP team at the Heartwalk - American Heart Association Fundraiser
Yard Goats/ Dunkin Donuts Stadium in Hartford
Raise awareness, heart rates, and life-saving dollars for heart and brain health! Support / Join the UConn TIP team at the Heart Walk - Saturday, 10/6 at Hartford Yard Goat Stadium. Friends & Farmily encouraged. Stollers/ dogs on leashes allowed!
Innovative Women: Perspectives on Entrepreneurship
UConn Hartford, CCEI, 100 Constitution Plaza, Room 301 Hartford, CT 06103
Panel discussion and networking in celebration of
Women's Entrepreneurship Week .
Lunch & Learn – Presented by Wiggin & Dana LLP by Attorney Monica Kolinsky
400 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, Connecticut, United States of America
10/11 – Lunch & Learn – Wiggin & Dana LLP with Attorney Monica Kolinsky
TOPIC: Collaborative Research, Development and Commercialization Agreements: Key Business & Legal Considerations to Achieve Objectives, Retain Value and Facilitate Deals
The presentation will focus on formulating successful partnering arrangements for start-up companies and new ventures. In particular, we will address the fundamentals of intellectual property license agreements and explain contractual terms that are customary in partnering and license agreements. Sign up: http://bit.ly/TIPWiggin
Over 30,000 square feet of state-of-the-art lab and office space across the UConn Storrs and Farmington campuses.
student fellows, interns, and graduates
The UConn-TIP Fellowship Program pairs UConn students with University startup companies for mentored research fellowships and fellowships in Business or STEM areas.
Providing connections to interns, fellows, and trained graduates
Stay current with the latest TIP news and events.
- Craig Anderson Regional Network President UnitedHealth Group
- Matthew D. Cohen Vice President Research & Development Medtronic
- Colleen Feriod Cuffaro, Ph.D. Principal Canaan Partners
- Nicholas Donofrio Executive Vice President Innovation and Technology (Ret.) IBM
- Timothy B. Folta, Ph.D. Professor, Faculty Director, CCEI UConn
- James (Jim) Fritz Executive Director Innovation Business Development United Technologies
- Susan Froshauer, Ph.D. Biotech Leader & Entrepreneur CURE Collaborations+
- Victor Hesselbrock, Ph.D. Senior Associate Dean for Research UConn Health
- Peter Hicks Senior Vice President Manager Emerging Growth Banking Group; Sponsor and Specialty Finance, Webster Bank
- Mee-Jung Jang Co-Founder & Managing Director Jefferson Investors
- James T. LaFrance CEO & President LaFrance Consulting, Biotechnology Advisor and Investor
- Charles Lee, Ph.D., FACMG Scientific Director & Professor The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine
- Chris McLeod Managing Partner Elm Street Ventures
- Christine Meehan Entrepreneur in Residence School of Nursing, UConn; Angel Investor, Golden Seeds
- Gerald A. Michaud President & Director Horizon Technology Finance
- Bill Moschella Co-founder, Chairman Evariant
- Paul F. Thompson Chief Strategy Officer Health & Life Sciences DXC Technology (Hewlett Packard Enterprise)
- Juan Salazar, MD, MPH Physician-in-Chief, Professor Chair, Pediatrics, School of Medicine, UConn Health, Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
- Shana Schlossberg CEO Upward Hartford
- John Strahley Managing Director Ironwood Capital
- Sal Syed CEO and Co-Founder Arccos Golf
- Mei Wei, Ph.D. Professor and Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Education Dept. of Materials Science & Engineering UConn
- Shawn P. Williams, Ph.D. Vice President, Research & Development Rogers Corporation
- David Wurzer Executive Vice President & Chief Investment Officer Connecticut Innovations, Inc.
Access to specialized equipment from over 90 research core facilities at internal UConn faculty rates.
meet the team
- Mostafa Analoui, Ph.D. Executive Director of Venture Development email@example.com 860.486.1482
- Gloria Kolb Director of Venture Development firstname.lastname@example.org 860.679.7016
- Paul Parker Director of the Technology Incubation Program email@example.com 860.679.2921
- Ana Lena Fidantsef, Ph.D. Technology Licensing Associate firstname.lastname@example.org 860.486.1353
Technology Commercialization & Industry Relations
- Rita Zangari Senior Advisor email@example.com 860.486.3010
- Thomas Gerson Entrepreneur in Residence firstname.lastname@example.org 203.868.9249
- Konstantine Drakonakis Entrepreneur in Residence email@example.com
- MaryJane Rafii Entrepreneur in Residence firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barry Schweitzer, Ph.D. Entrepreneur in Residence Barry.Schweitzer@uconn.edu 860.486.8718
thank you for your contribution to the TIP Enhancement Fund