Take a Tour of TIP Facilities
what we do
By coupling UConn's world-class research resources, facilities, and business support services to a network of experienced investors and entrepreneurs, we help launch startups ready to transform their respective markets.
Since 2003 TIP companies have raised more than $80 million in equity and debt, $50 million in grant funding, and have generated more than $45 million in revenue.
The advantages of working with us are numerous.
Labs & Offices
Available wet & dry labs and office space
Connect with Scientists
Introductions to scientists for possible research partnerships
Entrepreneurial & VC
Connections to entrepreneurial and VC communities
Access to COR²E research facilities and services
Library and Databases
Access to UConn's world-class library resources and databases
Business Planning & Expertise
Customized business planning and mentoring services. Introductions to advisors, mentors and subject matter-experts
Animal Facilities & Clinical Trials
Access to animal facilities and human-subject research at UConn Health and UConn Storrs
Interns, Fellows & Graduates
Connections to technically-trained fellows, interns and qualified graduates
companies we're currently working with
open positions at tip companies
Part time - Inside Sales Coordinator
Vanessa Research, Inc.
The company is seeking a competitive Inside Sales Coordinator to be part of a high-growth, highly innovative startup team. The successful candidate will support the Field Sales Representative with leads, following up on leads, special pricing, product shipment, re-ordering the product, and sales material.
Location and Hours: Hamden, CT; Part-time
Software Quality Engineer (SQE)
The company is seeking an experienced SQE for our Engineering organization with proven manual and automation testing skills. An ideal candidate will have Web application and application programming interface (API) testing experience, strong analytical abilities, team work and communication skills, ability to maintain and extend test automation.
Job Location: Farmington, CT or Wellesley, MA preferred; remote candidates considered
Technical Support Desk Engineer
The company is seeking an experienced and results-driven Technical Support Desk Engineer.
The Technical Support Desk Engineer is responsible for providing support to all Diameter Health customers. As the initial point of customer contact for support, this position plays a key role in assuring timely response and quality support to customer inquiries. The position provides a critical interface with customers in answering user questions and resolving low level technical problems or triaging more complex problems and escalating those calls to engineers for timely resolution. This is a highly visible position due to the direct daily contact with Diameter Health customers and internal management.
The role will support calls via phone, e-mail, and customer management platform and must assure prompt, courteous and professional service to our customers by effective communication, timely follow-up, technical expertise and adherence to department policies and standards.
- Farmington, CT, Wellesley, MA, Albany, NY or Denver, CO
Want us to help take your new startup to the next level? Think your startup is worthy?
Send us an email to get the conversation started!
2017-18 TIP Company Application Form, Click Here
inside uconn tip
April 1, 2018 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 4:
Inside Torigen Pharmaceuticals (:21)
Sept. 26, 2017 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 3:
"Inside Frequency Therapeutics. " (:16)
Sept. 19, 2017 - Inside TIP Podcast, Episode 2
"Inside Shoreline Biome" (:19)
Sept. 12, 2017 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 1:
"Inside LambdaVision, Inc. " (:22)
CaroGen announces: Harry H. Penner, the former CEO of Neurogen and a serial entrepreneur, joins the Board of Directors of CaroGen.
CaroGen announces: (i) clinical candidate selection for treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus, (ii) a successful pre-IND interaction with the FDA, (iii) issuance of a US patent, and (iv) award of an SBIR grant.
Frequency Therapeutics, chosen as Innovator of the Month, by US Senator Chris Murphy
Chris Murphy's Website
View our expanded calendar, click here
Outside event: Tax Credits and Incentives for CT Life Science Companies
New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
Presented by: CohnReznick and Wiggin and Dana
Registration and Networking: 8:00 to 8:30 (Arrive early for a continental breakfast and an opportunity to meet your peers).
State of Connecticut Tax Credits and Incentives: 8:30 to 9:00
Credits and Incentives for Connecticut Life Sciences: A review of credit and incentive programs available to Connecticut’s Life Sciences companies and investors, including negotiated incentives, accounting rules and compliance. An overview of Connecticut’s newest incentive, Senate Bill 266 which provides incentives to encourage the growth of the Bioscience venture in Connecticut.
Presented by John Lanza, CPA, Partner CohnReznick
Break: 9:00 to 9:15
Federal Opportunity Zone Incentives: 9:15 to 9:45
Federal Opportunity Zone Incentives: Overview of the “qualified opportunity zones” program created by the federal tax legislation passed in December 2017, including requirements for a company to be eligible for investment by a qualified opportunity zone fund and which parts of Connecticut are expected to qualify as qualified opportunity zones.
Presented by: Amy Drais, Associate, Wiggin and Dana
Q&A: 9:45 to 10:00
Over 30,000 square feet of state-of-the-art lab and office space across the UConn Storrs and Farmington campuses.
student fellows, interns, and graduates
The UConn-TIP Fellowship Program pairs UConn students with University startup companies for mentored research fellowships and fellowships in Business or STEM areas.
Providing connections to interns, fellows, and trained graduates
Stay current with the latest TIP news and events.
- Craig Anderson Regional Network President UnitedHealth Group
- Matthew D. Cohen Vice President Research & Development Medtronic
- Colleen Feriod Cuffaro, Ph.D. Principal Canaan Partners
- Nicholas Donofrio Executive Vice President Innovation and Technology (Ret.) IBM
- Timothy B. Folta, Ph.D. Professor, Faculty Director, CCEI UConn
- James (Jim) Fritz Executive Director Innovation Business Development United Technologies
- Susan Froshauer, Ph.D. Biotech Leader & Entrepreneur CURE Collaborations+
- Victor Hesselbrock, Ph.D. Senior Associate Dean for Research UConn Health
- Peter Hicks Senior Vice President Manager Emerging Growth Banking Group; Sponsor and Specialty Finance, Webster Bank
- Mee-Jung Jang Co-Founder & Managing Director Jefferson Investors
- James T. LaFrance CEO & President LaFrance Consulting, Biotechnology Advisor and Investor
- Charles Lee, Ph.D., FACMG Scientific Director & Professor The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine
- Chris McLeod Managing Partner Elm Street Ventures
- Christine Meehan Entrepreneur in Residence School of Nursing, UConn; Angel Investor, Golden Seeds
- Gerald A. Michaud President & Director Horizon Technology Finance
- Bill Moschella Co-founder, Chairman Evariant
- Paul F. Thompson Chief Strategy Officer Health & Life Sciences DXC Technology (Hewlett Packard Enterprise)
- Juan Salazar, MD, MPH Physician-in-Chief, Professor Chair, Pediatrics, School of Medicine, UConn Health, Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
- Shana Schlossberg CEO Upward Hartford
- John Strahley Managing Director Ironwood Capital
- Sal Syed CEO and Co-Founder Arccos Golf
- Mei Wei, Ph.D. Professor and Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Education Dept. of Materials Science & Engineering UConn
- Shawn P. Williams, Ph.D. Vice President, Research & Development Rogers Corporation
- David Wurzer Executive Vice President & Chief Investment Officer Connecticut Innovations, Inc.
Access to specialized equipment from over 90 research core facilities at internal UConn faculty rates.
meet the team
- Mostafa Analoui, Ph.D. Executive Director of Venture Development email@example.com 860.486.1482
- Gloria Kolb Director of Venture Development firstname.lastname@example.org 860.679.7016
- Paul Parker Director of the Technology Incubation Program email@example.com 860.679.2921
- Ana Lena Fidantsef, Ph.D. Technology Licensing Associate firstname.lastname@example.org 860.486.1353
Technology Commercialization & Industry Relations
- Nicole Baccaro Manager, Technology Incubation Program email@example.com 860.679.2921
- Rita Zangari Senior Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org 860.486.3010
- Thomas Gerson Entrepreneur in Residence email@example.com 203.868.9249
- Konstantine Drakonakis Entrepreneur in Residence firstname.lastname@example.org
- MaryJane Rafii Entrepreneur in Residence email@example.com
- Barry Schweitzer, Ph.D. Entrepreneur in Residence Barry.Schweitzer@uconn.edu 860.486.8718
thank you for your contribution to the TIP Enhancement Fund